In order to make our events enjoyable and safe for everyone, MVK provides the following set of rules and etiquette for play in our dungeon space and our etiquette guidelines. Rules apply to all players, regardless of experience level.
1. There is no official dress code for MVK but fetish wear is encouraged and appreciated!
2. No minors. Mandatory age to attend MVK parties is 19. Participants may be asked to show ID upon entry.
3. No drugs. No alcohol. Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave.
4. No means NO! Play only involves consensual acts.
5. The House safeword is “SAFEWORD.”
6. If you see a mess or spill in the designated play area (the dungeon), alert a Dungeon Monitor (DM) for clean up.
7. Anyone requiring First Aid should immediately see a DM.
8. If you are unsure how to use a piece of equipment or how the dungeon works, ask for assistance from a DM.
9. Do not move any equipment without first asking a DM. Some pieces can be moved, so please ask if you need something moved for your scene.
10. Scenes you must let DMs know about before play: take downs, bloodsports, extreme edge play, fireplay, and electrical play. Violet Wands may be used below the neck; all other electrical play must stay below the waist.
11. If you will be using a gag in a scene a visual safeword MUST first be established with a DM.
12. Decisions of the DMs are final. Metro Vancouver Kink supports the decisions of DMs.
13. All SM play must take place in the dungeon. Rope corsets or attire are acceptable in social areas as long as hands are free. Tops are responsible for monitoring bottoms.
14. No solo play is permitted. BDSM involves two or more people–scenes of self-masturbation, auto-asphyxiation, whip cracking, and individual stunting will be stopped. Please do not leave bottoms unattended in the dungeon.
15. Non-permitted play: vomit, scat play, watersports, rape play, face punching, and golden showers or cocktails.
16. No sexual intercourse (genital-genital/genital-anal) or oral sex (oral-genital/oral-anal) is permitted in the dungeon–please take it to the Red Light Room. Dildos, strap-ons, etc. may be used in the dungeon. Please see a DM if you require clarification.
17. Restricted play items that are not permitted: firearms (real or replica); stun guns or tasers; irritants such as mace, “bear spray,” and pepper spray.
18. Recording images and sound is not permitted in the dungeon. Cell phones, cameras, laptops, and other electronic devices which may have recording capabilities are prohibited. If you need to use it, please take it outside the venue.
19. Nothing is to be attached to the walls or ceiling, except at designated tie points.
20. Do not mark up or scratch the floors in the venue. Sharp high heels may need to be removed while playing.
20. Clean equipment after use with provided cleaner (medical grade quaternary cleaner) in spray bottles and paper towels. Please spray the cleaner on paper towels and wipe the equipment down. Do not spray directly on the equipment.
21. Barriers are recommended and available for any body-invasive play (i.e. dildos, fisting, toys, etc.) Safer sex supplies (condoms, gloves, lube, tarps) are always available for use in the dungeon or Red Light Room.
22. Bloodsports must be confined to a tarped area. Gloves are recommended and available for piercing play, cuttings and other bloodsports.
23. Do not interrupt other scenes in progress.
When in doubt at an MVK event, please ask an Event Staff member (wearing a badge) or a DM team member (wearing a red sash).
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in your removal from the dungeon by the Dungeon Monitor Coordinator.